Starting an ISP is not as complicated as many thinks, but expanding the same and building an ecosystem do need a lot of patience and efforts. Mumbai Internet Exchange ( Previously Mumbai Convergence Hub or Mumbai CH ) is committed to helping Indian ISP’s and Networks not only to save 85-90% of their bandwidth but also to guide you to kick-start your own ISP.
Before Starting the essential Elements, you need to have your own License to operate. The government of India has introduced Unified License System which provides single License for almost all licensing requirement. You can take Class A ( All India), Class B ( State Wise) or Class C License. The most popular model followed by incumbent Internet service providers with cash shortage is to take a franchise of existing License providers and then to start the business and then scale up and apply for own ASN and Unified License.
Google Caching Server
- Google provides it GCC (Caching) server based on multiple criteria, the major one is having a traffic of 1G or more, else based on the location and its traffic. This will help you in Saving Data.
Akamai Caching Server
- Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet fast, reliable and secure for its customers. They also provide EDGE Servers to customers after analyzing their traffic.
Content Caching Servers
- Peer APP, Extreme Peering, X Cache, TorBox etc are some of the solutions used by ISP industry in India to cache the content and provide an easy access to customers at higher speeds. This helps consumer broadband networks in saving traffic between 10-20% based on the customer profile.
- Information sheet in the prescribed format
- Certificate Of Incorporation of the Company
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association of the company.
- Processing fee (Non refundable)
- Power of attorney of the person signing the ISP application
- Details of the directors/promoters/shareholders of the company
- Certificate of total equity detail.
- Foreign equity approval certificate by the government of India
- Address of the registered office
- Board resolution regarding statutory auditor appointment.