The employees’ state insurance is one of the popular social security schemes brought into force by the Central Government after the independence of India. Almost all private limited companies must get themselves registered under the ESI Act of 1948. If they fail to obtain the required enrollment using ESI Registration procedure, then they are liable to face penal actions in due course of time. So, adhering to the provisions of the ESI Act is in your best interest.
Employee State Insurance is a self-financing social security scheme and health insurance plan for Indian workers, offering medical and disablement benefits. Governed by the ESI Act, 1948, it is managed by Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) under the Ministry of Labour and Employment. ESIC is expected to manage the fund as per the rules and regulations set forth by the Act.[/vc_column_text][vc_tta_tabs color=”sky” active_section=”1″][vc_tta_section title=”Procedure” tab_id=”1582885302443-70cc6379-61e0″][vc_column_text]
ESI Registration Procedure
1. Once the documents are ready, the company can apply for registration by submitting the Employer’s Registration Form (Form-1).
2. A PDF format of the form is available on the website. Fill in the form and submit it to ESIC for registration on the official website.
3. Once verified, a registration number, a 17-digit unique identity will be provided to the organization. The ESI filings can be done once you receive the 17-digit number.
4. Employees registered under the scheme get an ESI card after submitting a form with photographs and details of family members.
5. Although the registration is permanent, and the number is valid for the lifetime of the company, any new changes, such as employee additions, need to be intimated to the ESI.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Advantages” tab_id=”1582885302443-e0192faa-0419″][vc_column_text]
Advantages of ESI Registration
- ESI offers complete medical benefits
- It includes the dependants
- It can be used at other ESI dispensaries and hospitals
- All payments made are reimbursed
- It takes into account the requirements of the disabled
- It gives access to Medical care in ESI Dispensaries/Hospitals
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Documents” tab_id=”1582885892011-62bb5a6d-b3ba”][vc_column_text]
1. A registration certificate or a license obtained under Shops and Establishment Act or Factories Act;
2. Certificate of registration (Memorandum and Articles of Association in case of a private limited company, partnership deed for LLPs, etc);
3. Certificate of registration for all entities and commencement of production for factories;
4. A list of employees with their monthly compensation, in detail;
5. A list of directors, partners and shareholders of the company;
6. The PAN card of the business and address proof of the establishment/firm;
7. Bank statements of the organization, with evidence of commencement of operation.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Filing returns” tab_id=”1582886104074-46edaa7a-7623″][vc_column_text]
Procedure for filing returns:
Following documents are required for registering under the ESI scheme:
- A registration certificate or a license obtained under shops and establishment Act, or factories Act.
- MOM and Articles of Association, or a partnership deed or Trust deed, based upon the type of entity.
- Certificate of registration, commencement of production (for factories)
- A list of employees, with their monthly compensation, in detail.
- A list of directors, partners and shareholders of the company.
- PAN card of the business and Address proof of the establishment/firm.
- Bank statements of the organization, with an evidence of commencement of operation.
- Once the documents are ready, the company can apply for registration, by submitting a form: Employer’s Registration Form (Form – 1).
- A pdf format of the form is available on the website. Fill in the form, with the details asked for, and submit it to ESIC, for registration.
- Once verified, a registration number, a 17-digit unique identity, will be provided to the organization. The ESI filings can be done, once you receive the 17-digit number.
- The employees, who are registered under the scheme, get an ESI card, after submitting a form, with their family photograph and details of the family members to the employer, who then submits the same to the ESIC, for registration.
- Although the registration is permanent, and the number is valid for a lifetime of the company, any new changes, such as employee additions, need to be intimated to the ESI.
- Also, the following documents must be maintained regularly, for filing ESI returns.
- Attendance register
- Register for Form – 6
- The Register of wages
- Register of any accidents on the premises
- Inspection book
- Monthly challans and returns submitted for ESI
- ESI registrations have been made online and can be submitted through http://www.esic.nic.in/
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_tabs][vc_column_text][supsystic-form id=12][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_column_text][supsystic-form id=11][/vc_column_text][stm_contacts_widget style=”style_4″ title=”jrcLegal” address=”Thinhewadi Road
410505″ phone=”9420700705″ email=”email@example.com”][/vc_column][/vc_row]
If you want to know how to create a living from writing essays for paper writer cash, then keep reading. This article will tell you that there are in fact a few methods to start earning this manner, so that you don’t have to think of being underpaid and having your hard earned cash used to cover your studies.