PSARA License is a prerequisite before any person starts a private security business in India. The Private Security Agency means an entity which involves in the business of providing Security Guards and other related services at an establishment as an alternate to the police. The operation of the private security agencies are governed by The Private Security Agencies Regulation Act, 2005, popularly known as PSARA.
After the enactment of the PSARA (act), it is mandatory for an security agency to obtain Licence from the State Controlling Authority Concerned prior to commencing the business and in case of non compliance the law provides for stringent penal consequences. The application for license to start a private security agency is made to the competent authority if the state. The PSARA License is issued to operate in one or more district of a particular state or for the entire state
According to guidelines, certain compliances are required to comply once the PSARA license is received. These are given below:
- All the security agencies are required to hire and engage supervisors to supervise the work of security guards they have appointed or debuted in the other organization.
- Such a security agency is required to train its people with the necessary training and skills.
- Ex-Defense personals with three years of experience should be given preference over others.
- The PSARA has expressly provided the criteria, qualification, and disqualification for a security guard to be followed.
- The Act covers the eyesight, health condition as well as about the uniform of the persons to be employed as a security guard.
- Citizen of India
- Over eighteen years of age and below sixty-five years
- Non-objectionable character and antecedents
- Passed the security training successfully
- Fulfills physical standards
- Not convicted by a court
- Not dismissed for misconduct from any Government institution
- Allotment of PAN
- Registration with the service tax department
- Registration of establishment under Shops & Establishment
- Employees State Insurance(ESI) Registration
- Provident fund (PF) Registration
- Registration under the Contractual labor Act
- Affidavit of security training
- Ownership proof for the principal place of business
- Detailed armed licenses
- Character verification certificate for the employees
- Uniform Pattern