Cosmetic Market in India is expanding its arms everywhere from starting their first look in the television advertisement to making money from a social media platform nowadays. Hundreds and thousands of people are advertising and filing their pocket with the cosmetic market as the market has the magic of never going into recession.
People from all over the world use the cosmetic whether they fall into male section or female section. Yes, you heard me right the male section also, these days the male society has been witnessed rubbing their hands with the lotion or whitening cream. The cosmetic industry does not discriminate between male or female.
- Creams, lotions, cleansing, milk, shampoos, pomade, shaving creams, hair oils etc.
- Nail polishes and Nail lacquers
- Lipsticks and Lipgloss
- Preparations used for eyes
- Alcoholic Fragrance Solutions
- Hair Dyes
- Tooth powder and toothpaste
- Toilet soaps
To manufacture any item from the above-discussed list, a license is required that has been obtained from a licensing authority appointed by the State Government. The application has to be submitted in Form 31 along with a license fee of Rs. 2500 and with an inspection fee of Rs 1000. Furthermore, the manufacturer needs to keep a check that the production is done in the presence of a skilled and competent technical staff and at least one of the staff people should possess the following educational requirements-
- Holds a diploma in pharmacy by the Pharmacy Council of India under the Pharmacy Act, 1948 or
- Is registered under the Pharmacy Act, 1948 or
- Has passed the intermediate examination with the chemistry as one of the subjects or any education as the Licensing Authority may deem fit
Now before granting or refusing the license, the Licensing Authority is required to inspect the whole premises where the operation is to be carried out and also the inspector is to appointed according to the act. The Inspection officer needs to submit the complete report to the Licensing Authority which will decide whether to grant the license or not.
- Original copy of Power of Attorney in case of Importer
- Certificate of free sale, marketing authorization letter
- Form 42 duly signed and filed and the list of products to be renewed
- Fees as mentioned
- A self-declaration that there are no changes in earlier shred information
- NOC from Pollution Control Board
- Plan the layout of the premises
- Rent Arrengement in case of rented premises
- list of laboratory equipment
- Affidavit of Applicant
- list of machines installed for manufacturing
The Importer needs to apply for cosmetic registration products by
- An authorized agent of the manufacturer
- A Subsidiary of the manufacturer
- A manufacturer having registered premises in India
- Any other importer