Online PF Registration – An Overview
Employees’ Provident Fund is a social security scheme that helps employees save a small portion of their salary for future benefits.
Every company has to offer its employees an EPF or Employees Provident Fund which is akin to a retirement fund. EPF comes under the purview of the Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952. EPF registration is mandatory for organizations with total employee strength more than 20. Such employers can opt for online PF registration from Vakilsearch. Companies can register for employee provident fund, in 3 easy steps:
- Free consultation and form filling
- Connect with a dedicated affiliate for data validation
- Receipt of PF number
Eligibility for EPF Registration for Indian employers
To be eligible for PF Registration, an organization has to fulfill the following criteria:
- A factory with the total employee strength of 20 or more.
- An establishment that employs more than 20 persons. Here, the Central Government defines the class of such firms.
- An establishment that has less than 20 workers and has been notified of compulsory registration for not less than 2 months.
Companies with less than 20 employees (Note: Such companies must issue a notice to the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization in 2 months or less than that)
- The employer and the employees of an establishment must mutually agree to apply for PF to the Central PF Commissioner. A notification has to be sent to the Official Gazette from the date of the agreement.
Every employee is eligible for PF right from the beginning of his employment. The responsibility of PF contribution and deduction is of the employer’s.
Benefits of PF Registration Online
Benefits of PF Registration Online
Besides the contribution of the employee to EPF, the employer adds an equal amount which is inclusive of Employee Pension Scheme (EPS). Therefore, EPF saves you a robust pension.
Cover Of Risk
In case of instances like illness, demise or retirement, Provident Fund helps the dependents of the employee by covering the financial risks they face in such situations.
Single Account/One EPF Account
The PF account can be transferred while switching jobs. Universal Account Number(UAN) linked to the Aadhar will start to facilitate the linking of the previous accounts. It can be carried forward to the new employer instead of being closed down. This uniformity ensures that the rate of return is compounded over the years.
Emergencies are bound to happen at any point of time in life. EPF amount can be of great help during mishaps, illnesses, weddings and educational expenses. Employee can make claims online.
Employee Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme
Any person who has PF account is eligible for this insurance scheme that requires only 0.5 % of the salary deduction as premium.
The PF account can be extremely helpful for long-term goals like buying a property or setting up a fund for children.
Checking The EPF Balance
The members who are registered under the UAN portal can get the details which are available at the Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) by just giving a missed call to 011-22901406 from their registered mobile number. If the member’s UAN is linked with the bank’s account number, PAN card or Aadhar number, then the member can easily get the PF balance and previous contribution details
Activated members of the UAN can get to know their previous EPFO balance and PF contribution by sending an SMS to 7738299899 from their registered mobile.
Documents required for PF Registration
Any business that wishes to apply for PF needs to submit the following mandatory documents:
- PAN card of establishment
- Certificate of incorporation
- Cross cancelled cheque of establishment
- Address proof that is in the name of the establishment. It can be:
- Rent agreement
- Telephone bill
- Specimen signature of directors and authorized signatories
- Digital signature of the authorized applicant
- In case of voluntary registration, consent of the majority of employees
In some entities the underlying may also be needed:
- First sale bill
- First purchase bill of raw material and machinery
- GST Registration Certificate
- Bankers details
- Record of a monthly employee strength
- Register of salary and wages
You just need to collect the mandatory documents and send a copy of each document to us. The rest will be handled by the efficient team at Vakilsearch. From filing the form to verification processes and legal formalities, we handle it all!